Thursday 26 June 2014

*R15: from the top, A. Wang

***
So kiddies, it has indeed taken me quite a while to compile and document my favorite resort collections which I guess I will quickly run through, showing you my favorite looks.

First off, we have A. Wang. A relative newcomer to the fashion scene, Wang first gained notoriety for winning the CFDA/Vogue Fashion Fund competition in 2008. Since then, he has, in addition to maintaining his own line, been hired as the Creative Director for the fashion powerhouse Balenciaga and successfully demonstrated impeccable tailoring skills and innovation when it comes to design.

His offerings for the 2015 Resort collections are no exception, with Wang, showing progression in his work and featuring his own urban, street flair with a tongue-in-cheek nouveau approach to tie-dye.

Wang said he was preoccupied with the idea of care instructions and things being ruined by washing, colors running and such, and thus, a laundromat setting was the designer's ideal setting when preparing the lookbook.

And, while not all of his clothing may be to my liking, none can deny that he is has a unique perspective when it comes to clothing.

What do you think?

I'm diggin' it...hehe

xx
***

No comments:

Post a Comment