Friday 27 June 2014

*R15; next up, burberry

***
Ok, so I have a confession to make...

I am really, really liking the Burberry brand.

I don't know what it is; maybe it's the fact that they're moving away from that nude-checkered pattern that the brand is known for and into a more...colorful territory, but something is speaking to me, and it is saying, "I'm fun, I'm playful, I'm luxury."

Christopher Bailey, Chief Creative and CEO at Burberry, seems to really know what he's doing, steering the 158 year old brand in a magnificent direction. Recently, we've seen a unique use of materials-from shiny metallics to see-through plastics- and while, the clothing still retains its luxe feel, designers have taken that and added a fun ease to it, experimenting with new, bright colors and textures.

Love these textured skirts!..and the length=sophistication

The classic elements are still there- the British feel, the longer silhouette, even the "Burberry Trench,"- but this time reworked in a fresh, modern take.



Ruffles, ombre AND leather; what more could you want?

xx
***

No comments:

Post a Comment