Wednesday 26 December 2012

*tis the season

***
Sigh kiddies...I'm a little peeved today.

Christmas has come and gone and I didn't get my wish of being a Victoria's Secret Angel.
VS Angels circa 2005
...haha I'm kidding..[not really]

...but my last post and searching for Christmas+Fashion pics reminded me that I didn't cover their fashion show this year.

meh.

While I should've, their show has become such a spectacle, focusing I guess more on the entertainment and performers, with models hyping up the crowd, rather than on the garments worn.
Christmas Angels!
I guess being a lingerie fashion show and all one has to expect a certain amount of unconventionality, but sometimes I get the impression that their designers create large, lavish wings, and variations of, just because they can.

The whole need to make the show [and the wings] bigger and better than the year before seems to detract from the clothes, which I think should be the focal point of a fashion show. However, being the most watched fashion show on the planet they must be doing something right as, the brand experiences a large amount of publicity...which is a definite plus.

Anyway, you're probably craving the pretty...like I'm craving some mulled wine, so here it is! Don't feel too badly if your body may not look like these girls'... it is, after all, the day after Christmas!

So without further ado, some of my favorite Christmas looks, courtesy Victoria's Secret...
L-R: Michaela Kocianová 2007, Miranda Kerr 2007, Karolina Kurkova 2006, Alessandra Ambrosio 2006
Doutzen Kroes 2005, Heidi Klum 2007,
Gisele Bündchen 2005, Marisa Miller 2007
L-R: Selita Ebanks 2007, Isabelli Fontana 2007, Miranda Kerr 2006, Barbara Palvin 2012
Alessandra Ambrosio 2005, Alessandra Ambrosio 2007, Ana Beatriz-Barros 2006, Isabel Goulart 2007
...also Gisele Bündchen if you're reading this, I live for you!!!

*runs off to do ab workout*
***

No comments:

Post a Comment