Tuesday 11 June 2013

*in transit

***
1com·mute verb \kə-ˈmyüt\
Definition of COMMUTE; 
:-transitive verb

1a : change, alter 
  b : to give in exchange for another : exchange 
2: to convert (as a payment) into another form
3: to change (a penalty) to another less severe <commute a death sentence to life in prison>

:-intransitive verb
4: to travel back and forth regularly (as between a suburb and a city) 

 So...while I am most definitely NOT a morning person [as you can tell from my previous post]...and the commute isn't the easiest in the world...I really do seem to be enjoying my internship. My perception about a few things is changing. I am learning a lot, not only about the industry, but also about myself; what I like and what I don't like in terms of working.
[par example:- I like interacting with people. I like having a variety of tasks to work on so, if one is monotonous, I can move on to another and then return to it. I do not like Photoshopping for hours on end. *womp womp* And I, without a doubt, do not like lugging 70 [seventy] lbs of "natural" river stones around New York...*long story*]

However, it is nice to be able to work with industry professionals who are down to earth and really seem to care about my career aspirations and even just me as a person! [after some of the horror stories I read].

What's even better is the lack of homework! #joysofsummer That means that even though the days are long, as soon as I reach back to my apartment in Jersey, I can flop down on my bed, watch re-runs of Modern Family and get all the sleep I want.

In fact, I am probably looking well rested these days, so I'll grace you with some glam shots of me riding the subway.
"The Vanishing Underground." Liya Kebede & David Agbodji. Shot by Mikael Jansson for Vogue Japan. April 2013.
...I look fresh and perky, no? And a little tanned too? #joysofsummer

Haha. I kid.

But while I've been doing a lot of #4 [see above], I've also been doing some #1a...and definitely none of #3 [sounds a little morbid to be honest. eek.]

Life changes happening kiddies. Gotta love 'em.

So if any of you see me on my commute. Don't be scared to say hi!...Be sure you say where you know me from though cause I'm a runner...

Have a great day. Always be inspired.
xx

“I'm not like most designers, who have to set sail on an exotic getaway to get inspired. Most of the time, it's on my walk to work, or sitting in the subway and seeing something random or out of context.”
― Alexander Wang
 
***

No comments:

Post a Comment