Sunday 30 June 2013

*perspective

***
Sigh kiddies,

Sometimes in life things happen that slap you back to reality and make you really question your take on things...

...questions like: "What do you want in life?" "What's really important to you?" "What are you willing to sacrifice for it?"

Meh.

And, I can tell you, it ain't fun when they all pop up at the same time.

So, after a fun and action-packed week "vacationing" in Atlantic City and NYC [post coming soon], tour-guiding etc, it has been a harsh fall back to reality.

After being in the greatest of funks, feeling lost, confused and overwhelmed with life for the past few days, I've realized that it's life's little way of making sure that I do not remain complacent...

As I always say, turn that frown into productivity...and although I'm not entirely sure of my destination, I am confident that hard work will get me wherever I am to be...

...perspective.
“Humans see what they want to see.”― Rick Riordan

A little perspective, like a little humor, goes a long way.”―Allen Klein

“A pessimist sees the difficult in every opportunity; an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty.”― Winston Churchill

“One of the things I learned the hard way was that it doesn’t pay to get discouraged. Keeping busy and making optimism a way of life can restore your faith in yourself.”― Lucille Ball

“We can complain because rose bushes have thorns, or rejoice because thorn bushes have roses.”― Abraham Lincoln

“Some people see the glass half full. Others see it half empty. I see a glass that's twice as big as it needs to be.”― George Carlin 

“Songs are as sad as the listener.”― Jonathan Safran Foer

xx
***

No comments:

Post a Comment