Tuesday 4 June 2013

*perked | the return

***
It is I...the abandoner...

...but I come bearing amazing news.

I'm not going to complain about how busy I've been these past few weeks with finals and apartment hunting and all that..cause you've heard it all before...(and quite frankly I'm tired of saying it), so I'll focus on the positives...

I have an internship!!

So far it's been fabulous (thankfully). Long hours...but with amazingly nice people.

Officially, I'm interning for a blog called Fashion Elephant. Slightly different to mine, which is mostly about inspiration from my travels and funky fashion pictures, Marina's (who I work for) has the luck of being able to feature herself wearing amazingly fashionable (and totally out of my price range) clothing.

Unofficially, I am also helping her fashionable friends and family - which includes fashion photographer Ronald James (who has done amazing editorials for worldwide editions of Harper's Bazaar, Marie Claire, Numero, Essence and Elite), Charles Philip (designer of Charles Philip Shanghai shoes), Lizzette Kattan (former editor-in-chief for Harper's Bazaar Italy, Harper's Bazaar France, Uomo Harper's Bazaar and Italian Cosmopolitan) and up-and-coming designer Bianca Allen - get through their own to-do lists.

And although it's only been three weeks, I've been exposed to so many great people and facets of this crazy whirlwind of an industry.

It has been such a humbling, learning experience...with much more to report. *blows dust of keyboard*

*eyes open, ears to the ground*

I mean...it could be worse...

...thankfully the only coffee I get is to wake myself up during that commute!
 
“If you feel lost, disappointed, hesitant, or weak, return to yourself, to who you are, here and now and when you get there, you will discover yourself, like a lotus flower in full bloom, even in a muddy pond, beautiful and strong.”― Masaru Emoto, The Secret Life of Water.

xx
***

No comments:

Post a Comment